Tuesday, July 7, 2009

blunders and absurdities

Stop and see
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yesterday...yesterday was one of those days where I am walking along and everything seems just fine...until...WHOMP! I find I've fallen in some deep pit, fallen so hard it hurts to even pick myself up, and when I do I can see no way out, and I wonder where God is. So I might as well wallow, or dig deeper. The Man says it was all because of the full moon last night :o)
Sometimes it just hurts to be human, sinful, fallen. Sometimes you can't do anything more with life than shake off the dust, grit your teeth with passion to do better today, and send sincere appologies around. Some times all you can do is forgive yourself and move as quickly as you can to some safer place.
"So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is lovely, C! I have had days like this, too. I've read back through some of your older posts, and I can't wait to read more of what you do on your land and what do you with food and more of your thoughts about God and life. ~Wardeh from gnowfglins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow it's comforting to know that I'm not the ONLY fallen person, though I'm sure it's not very nice of me, lol. Thank you for the complement. I really enjoy your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a comfort to me, too. So I guess neither of us is very nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing...I love the Emerson quote.

    ReplyDelete