Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Baby Story Part 1

A little over a month ago while talking with my oldest (not as in she is old, but as in we have known each other the longest) and dearest friends on the phone she told me that her little girl had been repeatedly asking for a baby sister.

"But you don't get to pick whether the baby is a sister or a brother. God picks. And besides that we can't have anymore brothers or sisters, so where are we going to get a baby?"

"Humm....I doooooon't knoooow???" long pause. "I know! We'll get our best friend c to get us a baby sister!"

And when she was put on the phone she instantly started jabbering about how they needed a baby sister, a girl, and we needed to get one for her. Okay? okay? I told her that I was found see what I could do about it. The funniest part was that she already has a name picked out for her baby sister...and it's the same as the middle name for a little girl that I have had picked out since I was 10 years old or so.
How could I have a name picked out for so long you ask? My mom lost a baby at about 7 or 8 months pregnant between my sister and I. When I was about 10 I asked her about it, and relating the story to me made her so sad, that the only thing I could think of to make her feel better was to promise to give my first little girl the name they had picked out for the baby she lost. What's the name you ask? Not telling...not yet anyway, lol.
Blessings!c

No comments:

Post a Comment