Thursday, September 17, 2009

Catch up


I've been waiting for the dust (and my head) to clear before I posted an update about the latest development of our lives...and there always seems to be some change of plans. I've decided that God really wants me to be flexible and not so much of a control freak. The Man is under contract till the end of this month (contract equals pay check) and we fully expected a renewal contract to start this October and run for 12 months (can you see where things are heading??). But we found out about three weeks ago, right around the same time we found out we were having twins, that it looks like this contract won't come through until this coming January. It's all rather confusing, but in the end it means that we will be homeless and have no income for at least the next three months, if not longer. So. Yeah.
In reality it's not quite as dismal as it seems on the surface. Now that the house has sold we are completely out of debt, and by the end of the month we should have reached our savings goal to start building. So we have talked with my parents who have an extra room, and the plan is to move in with them. The Man will use these three months to work on the house and get as much done as he can. This part could certainly be a blessing as getting the house finished before he deploys has really been his only worry.
The truly amazing part is that I not freaking out. As crazy as things can get in our lives, I'm forced to remember what wonderful plans God makes for me and how faithful and loving he has been...and my husband is the same way. All this is not to say that I haven't had some freak out moments...cause I have! But thankfully I haven't gotten stuck there.
I really had to laugh when I thought of everything that is going on. I always said I just couldn't have twins...AND I just couldn't move back in with my parents. Moral of the story: just keep your mouth shut, lol. Blessings!c

No comments:

Post a Comment