Friday, January 22, 2010

Down shift

I've finished the curtains! Whoo-hoo. That was such a big weight off my shoulders, and I might be as far as half done on the thank you cards, which is a pretty big deal. I've decided I have definitely hit a "slow-down" period. Most of the projects are done, or close to, or they really don't matter that much, and I'm just plain tired. I had a good cry, pep-talk, and prayer session with The Man that helped me work through every thing I have been feeling about the girls being breech, and that was an even bigger weight off my shoulders. I don't have words for how thankful I am to have him in my life.
So in the vein of wanting slow down and just relaxing a bit, I've been dying to read something, ironic I know, considering ALL the baby prep reading I have done. But I am completely burnt out on baby books. I don't care how good the book is, I've been reading about it none stop for six months and I DO NOT want to read about it anymore. I have missed some of my favorite books that are in storage, the ones that feel like old dear friends I have read them so very many times. At the top of such a list would be a few things by Gene Stratton Porter and most anything by L.M. Montgomery.
We made a trek to the library yesterday to see what I could find, and low and behold, the very very small local library had a copy of my very most favoritest (you see how much I like it? I have to resort to bad grammar to even attempt to express my feelings, lol) book by Porter, Laddie- A True Blue Story, which can be hard to find in big libraries. It really did make my day.
On top of all of this, one of my dearest friends is flying in today for a weekend visit with the girls and I. The timing couldn't be better! Well, I'm off to write some more thank you cards! Please keep the prayers up. Your words of encouragement have meant so much to me. Blessings!c

No comments:

Post a Comment