Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Prego again!!!

(morning prayers)
Yup! *Grin* I'm past my first trimester already, and I'm just starting to show. This pregnancy has been pretty different from the first one...lots of morning sickness and other signs that things are working the way they should. But I haven't thrown up for almost a week now, which is such a blessing. Though in all honesty, as much as I REALLY HATE throwing up, I was kind of getting use to it. Practically anything could set me off: smells, brushing my teeth, eating too little, eating too much. I have to tell ya a funny story though. The night after we go to the our new home-in-the-hotel we went to the store and picked up some staples (and some not so staple that-looks-good-to-the-pregnant-woman foods, lol). When we got back to the hotel I was way too hungry, so I quickly tried to find something that sounded good among the groceries, and only after I had picked something did I realize that it was too late and I was going to throw up anyway. So The Man comes in to the bathroom with a glass of water and some pats on the back. Finally I pull myself back together, and as we are leaving the bathroom...I remember. I remember that the food I had picked out was microwaved pop corn! As I hurriedly explain this to The Man and we head towards the kitchen area he's saying something like, "Aww don't worry about it. It's just one of those little hotel microwaves; I'm sure- OH MY GOODNESS!" And we round the corner to find smoke billowing out of the microwave! He turns the thing off and opens the door and room immediately begins to cloud with smoke. All I can think is "God PLEASE don't let the sprinklers go off!" as The Man fans the door of the hotel and then runs the pop corn bag inferno down the hall and outside. My mom said the only way the story could have been any better was if the bag had actually caught fire while he was running down the hall, lol. About two weeks later you can still smell it a little when you walk into the room. Even as everything was happening I kept thinking about what a funny blog post it would make...I wonder if that means I have some sort of blogging sickness ;)
Since we knew we would be moving right around our first trimester, we decided to wait and do all our pre-natal care in one place after the move. I had done a lot of research to help me decide what kind of care I wanted, especially for the labor and delivery, and found someone before the move who seemed to fit our needs exactly. I was very excited to meet her finally and nervous to hear that everything is going okay with the baby. I could hardly hold any food down the days leading up to the appointment. Unfortunately The Man was out of town that whole week and couldn't come with me to the appointment, which made me ever more nervous. But everything went great, and hearing that lovely heart beat for the first time sent me to a wonderful peaceful sort of place. Tomorrow we go for an ultrasound, and thankfully The Man is back and will be with me for that. I can't wait to go! There have been so many other things going on, but I'm going to have to update you a little at I can find the time. This has definitely been an eventful year for us! Blessings!c


  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

  2. I am so happy for you! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I cried at the announcement and the picture and laughed at the popcorn story. :) I will be praying for you!


  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.