Monday, October 12, 2009

5 months and 1 year

This past Saturday was our one year anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long already. He planned a trip, a surprise, to Savannah, where I have said several times I have wanted to go. It was a record hot day in Savannah, and we mainly walked (which can be a little taxing on a five month pregnant person, but a long afternoon siesta helped fix that) around town looking in shops and eating good food. We ate breakfast at The Express Cafe in downtown before we left town. Supper yummy food. You should try it out some time. That's an egg, cheese, and sausage breakfast bagel on my plate. Simple and wonderful. The Man came up with the, bar none, perfect first year anniversary present (which is paper)...a letter about our first year, which practically reduced me to snotty sobs. It hasn't all been easy, which you know if you're a part of my life, or read this blog. I counted it up and about 4 months of this first year we have spent apart from each other (if that doesn't sound like much to you, you should try it some time), and I know the years to come hold more of the same. But my dream of so many years, a marriage with my best friend, has come true. He thinks he's gotten the better end of the deal in this marriage, and I know that I actually have.
You can't ask for much more that that. I am more thankful for this wonderful, frustrating, loving man of my heart and for these children of his I carry than I can ever express.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love his present to you and to hear of your love for Phillip....it's so nice to know other couples who love God and each other! Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete