Friday, July 6, 2012

Gaining wisdom and knowledge



I read the best article encouraging parents to mentor their children, to feed them mentally, to be their best teacher. Rising to the challenge of putting my girls ahead of my to-do list and whatever I am trying to achieve, and making them a part of most everything I do during the day, instead of trying to keep them out of my way, has been one of the most rewarding and challenging things I've done as a parent. If this isn't what you are striving towards with your kids (if you have any), then I challenge you to re-think. And I have found so far as I develop better habits, it gets so much easier. Seeing their confidence and hearing the happy words, "I deed (did) it!" and their faces beam with pride makes it all worth it.
Blessings and grace to all you parents! c 
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment