Monday, June 8, 2009

Cleaning

Thankfully I'm out of bed and feeling better. With the help of a few friends I've been hitting the house and packing and cleaning in out my spare time. Recently I've run across quite a few different ideas for making your own non-toxic cleaning solutions, which also as it turns out can save you a lot of money. I have stains in the carpet at the house which I'm going to be dealing with and two different ideas I've heard recently are club soda or peroxide, put directly on the carpet and then soaked back up. I also have grout which needs to be cleaned, and heard today that Listerine with whitening agent works really well (though I don't really think this would be a money saving solution).

cleaning

Check out these places for more ideas:

  • Homemakers By Choice pod casts from 5/28 and 5/29/09 have lots of tips. The shows only stay posted for a limited about of time, so go to their web sight and send them an e-mail request for these shows if you missed them.
  • Visit the Passionate Homemaking blog to learn how to make your own dishwasher detergent or laundry soap. Poke around on her blog; she has lots of great money saving "natural" ideas including how (and why) to make your own tooth paste...which I've been thinking about trying it.
  • Here are some easy concoctions for cleaning agents, which this blogger turned into gift baskets for her friends.
  • I ran across this adorable book on-line. I don't know if it's any good but for $5 I think it must be worth it just for the hand illustrations.
  • Few cleaning rags seem to be as versatile at cottage wash rags. I've been wanting to give this one a try. Check out the rest of her sight, while you're there for lots of other ideas on home cleaning agents, soap making, and homemade beauty products.
Blessings!c


P.S. Keep praying that we get the house back on the market smoothly and it sells soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment