Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mum's Day

This will be my first mother's day. How my life has changed in the past few months. Sometimes I just look them in the eye and I can't believe I actually have babies...much less twins. It's amazing to watch them grow. They are SUCH different little people.In celebration of mother's day I have a few little gifts for you. The first is a mother's prayer calendar. What a blessed idea! I'm framing my copy to hang on the wall. It gives you a reminder to pray for something each day of the week. I've been praying these things not just for my children, but also for The Man and I, and that we will have the wisdom to train and instruct our children in these areas. The second is this amazing and simple chocolate creme brulee recipe. Really now, need I say more? We are getting milk from a local family so we had lots of extra cream and I added whole milk to that instead of the half and half...and we had fresh eggs from our neighbor Farmer Mike who seems to have some very busy happy healthy hens. They have the yellowest yokes I've ever seen. This stuff is gooie chocolate glory. I just ate some :) And to top it off it is such a nice easy recipe, but HOW impressive! This is definitely going into the impress a guest, love a husband, cheer up a moma cooking list. Oh and by the way, if you don't have any little ramekins to bake it in just use coffee mugs. You might think about toping it with some fresh strawberries. I was going to do that, but I got so excited I eat the whole thing before i thought of it, lol. (And of course you don't want to waste those egg whites, so then you need make some of these) May God bless all you mamas out there and all of you who are waiting and preparing to be a mama one day! c

No comments:

Post a Comment